Flooring is one of the most important design elements in the construction or renovation of your home. For some consumers no other flooring offers the warmth and beauty that hardwood flooring does. A lot of consumers want hardwood floors but need to decide if they are worth the extra cost over the long run. If you are unsure of this we are going to take a look at some of the benefits of hardwood floors.
1. Increased Home Value – Hardwood floors are an investment in your home. A national survey of real estate agents, stated that 90% said that houses with wood flooring sold faster and for a higher price than houses without wood floors. Not all floor coverings can claim that in 10 years or more when other flooring is looking tired and worn out. Wood floors maintain their value and are timeless.
2. Ease of Maintenance – Today’s hardwood floors are much easier to care for than in the past due to new technology in finishes. Regular cleaning such as sweeping or vaccuming is all that is needed. Occasionally use a wood floor cleaning product that is recommended by your flooring manufacturer. Many people are finding it easier to care for hardwood floors than get stains out of carpet.
3. Hypoallergenic – The number of people with allergies and asthma is on the rise. Carpets are breeding grounds for mold, mildew, dust mites, and hold animal dander, all of which is bad for people with allergies. Hardwood flooring does not hold these allergens therefore is an excellent choice for people with allergies or asthma.
4. Aesthetics – The beauty and charm of real wood floors for some can not be matched by the alternatives. Many interior designers today prefer hardwood floors as the base layer and then add an area rug to enhance and add color to a room’s décor.
5. Durability – Today’s wood floor finishes are durable, water resistant and require minimal maintenance. Solid-wood floors can last for a hundred years or more and have been around for centuries, now that’s what I call durable. .
6. Variety – These days there are more styles, colors and species of hardwood flooring than in the past. With the wide selection available today you’re sure to find a color and style to suit your taste.
With all the benefits of hardwood floors many consumers feel that they are worth the extra cost compared to other floor coverings. They believe that it is an investment in their home that will add value and last for years to come.